|1st Runner up
|2nd Runner up
Datathon is a machine learning and data-focused hackathon organized by SLIIT parallel to Codefest 2023. The key objective is to provide an opportunity for undergraduates to improve their technical capabilities in areas such as machine learning and data engineering while providing solutions to real-world challenging business problems.
- Event Name: Codefest Datathon 2023
- Location: SLIIT Malabe Campus
- For more details https://codefest.lk/datathon/
- Enhance your technical skills in machine learning and data engineering.
- Collaborate with like-minded data science enthusiasts.
- Analyze real-world datasets and build predictive models.
- Test your models and visualize solutions to complex problems.
If you already have a team or wish to form one, please provide the names and email addresses of your team members. Each team can have a maximum of 4 members from same university.
Please fill out the following information to register for Codefest Datathon 2023.
Terms and Conditions:
By submitting this registration form, you agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Codefest Datathon 2023. You also consent to the use of your data for event-related communication and activities.
Please ensure you complete your registration by 15th of October 2023.
We look forward to your participation in Codefest Datathon 2023!
Team size: Maximum 4 Members
Those who have already registered in a degree program in a state university or higher education institute in Sri Lanka.
Participants are encouraged to use Python on the Windows platform, but they may use other programming languages or modeling frameworks with prior approval from the organizing committee
Rules and regulations
- A team should consist of maximum 4 members.
- Any number of teams can participate from a university, but a team should only have members from a single university.
- The panels of judges’ decision are the final decision
- One team can submit only one solution to the given problem
- Proposed idea should be innovative, and related to Data Science
- All teams must register through the registration link before the closing date.
- Students are strongly advised not to use pirated software.
- The winners authorize SLIIT to use their names, photographs, and statements regarding the prizes for advertising or other purposes, without any compensation.
Registrations will be open from 20th of September 2023 to 15th of October 2023
Number of rounds
The competition will be held in two rounds: initial and final.
|Tentatively 3rd of November 2023
|Teams will receive a real-world raw dataset and are expected to clean, analyze, and create a basic predictive model using machine learning and business intelligence techniques.
|Preliminary selection will be based on the outcomes of the off-campus challenge. Teams will be ranked based on the methodology they followed and the results of the challenge, and the top 8 teams will be invited to the final round.
|Based on the performance and the approach used to build the predictive model.
|Tentatively 10th January 2024
|Based on the problem given by the panel
|At the final round, each team must develop a working model within 10 hours for a given challenge, which will be assessed by an independent panel of judges.
|Based on the performance and the approach used to build the final model, within ten hours
|Special requirements (Optional)